Become a Children's Book Author.
Enrollment for the masterclass is now closed. Get notified when it re-opens.
Who is this masterclass really for?
You have a great idea for a children’s book... but you’re not sure how to turn it into a story that children will love.
You’ve tried Researching how to publish... but every article you read just brings up more questions.
You Have a message that children need... but you Don't Know How to get Your book published.
You've Written Your story... But It's Been Sitting On A Shelf For Years Now.
You’re in the right place.
The Children’s Book Masterclass will give you all the tools, inspiration, and unparalleled support you need to become a published children’s book author.
From our Amazing CBM Alumni...
Miriam’s entire 'Road Map' is the key to every author’s door to success. Whether it’s the first or fifth children’s book you’re working on to get published, the CBM Class is a goldmine for authors to gain access to incredible resources and save time and money!
I feel so much better about my story since following the instruction of the teachers. The story reads so much better. I recommend this class to anyone who is serious about writing for children.
Author of Paula-Jean and Diddy-Bite-You
There is valuable information in this class that will save you hours of research time, money, and frustration.
Author of Batter Up Billy
As a member of Children's Book Masterclass, I gained complete and total knowledge of how to write, publish, and market my book. Miriam Laundry is a great Mentor, who is not only kind but extremely knowledgeable and professional. This class is invaluable.
Author of Good Boy, Nacho!
By the end of this program
you will have the complete roadmap to...
Write Your Children's Book
- Find your book’s niche
- Make sure it’s a page-turner
- Avoid common mistakes
Launch Your First Bestseller
- Follow a tried & true marketing plan
- Grow your social media following
Publish Your Book
- Choose the publishing option that meets your standards and budget
- Find the perfect illustrator
- Get a dynamite front cover & book designer
Become an Author
- Hold your book in your hands
- Celebrate bestselling status
- Win awards
- Impact children with your message
Move Forward With Confidence
Say goodbye to feeling overwhelmed by choices! The Masterclass will give you a clear understanding on what the next step is. Discover how to choose the right illustrator, the perfect printing option, and the best contract terms for negotiation. You’ll have a clear idea of WHY you are doing this, WHO your book is for, and HOW to make it all happen.
Know Where to Start
This course gives a step-by-step roadmap on how to self-publish a children’s book. Each class will cover a different checkpoint that is essential to the journey. You’ll know exactly what the next step is and have the inside scoop on what to expect so you can avoid unnecessary expenses.
Learn from Experience
The best way to do something new is by learning from someone who has been there before. Miriam brings a wealth of knowledge to this course with her experience in writing, publishing, and marketing children’s books. This Masterclass will help you avoid rookie mistakes, prevent costly errors, and save time.
It’s one thing to start something, but another thing to finish it. Every author struggles with writer’s block and this course kicks it to the curb. Join a private community of other authors, get your questions answered, stay motivated, and ensure that you meet your goals every single time.
WHAT EXACTLY IS INCLUDED?
Ask the experts any and all of your questions in the weekly LIVE online trainings.
PLUS, receive lifetime access to all course content.
- Ensuring your story is "child-centered"
- Working with an illustrator
- Picture Book Essentials (page + word count)
- Extra Resource: Picture Book Template
- Create characters that your readers can identify with
- Discover their voice (and yours, as an author)
- Strategies for approaching difficult topics + themes
- How characters can either make or break a book
- Hook your reader with the first page
- Create tension that is age-appropriate
- Finish strong with an ending your audience loves
- Use narration effectively by learning how to Show + Tell
- Highlight the points that will grab + keep your reader's attention
- Make sure your dialogue rings true
- Move the story with action
- How to edit your story after the first draft is done
- What you need to ask yourself before submitting to an editor
- Apply what you've learned to your book as a whole
- Decide what type of illustration is best for your book
- Find the perfect illustrator
- Pricing, budgeting, and timeline
- Negotiate a contract
- Partner with your illustrator for a striking book
- Extra Resource: "Fill-in-the-Blank" Illustrator Agreement/Contract
- What a Book Designer does and why you need one
- Extra Resource: "Fill-in-the-Blank" Book Designer Agreement/Contract
- Book covers that sell
- Getting your book ready with an ISBN#, copyright, and more
- Every book's four essential elements: front cover, book cover, spine, and inside pages
- Extra Resource: Logistics Checklist
- Expected costs associated with printing a book
- Tips on how to save money, where you need to spend, and where you can afford to save
- Choosing softcover, hardcover, and/or e-book format
- What is Print-on-Demand and is it a good option for you?
- Why marketing is just as important as creating a quality book
- Thinking about your audience and creating your avatar
- Using social media to build your author platform
- Extra Resource: Book Launch Marketing Plan
- How to get a website, even if you're not a tech-y person
- What a website needs to do for you, as an author
- Encourage sales by building trust and relationships with website visitors
- Set up a Launch Party and get someone else to pay for it
- Strategies for earning #1 bestselling status
- How to set up your book on Amazon
- Build a launch campaign
- Land awards for your award-worthy book
- Extra Resource: Example Promotional Materials Included
Your CBM Guides
CBM Course Instructor:
Sharon Jennings is a Canadian author who has written over 70 books for children and young adults. Her first novel, Home Free, was nominated for the Governor General’s Literary Award, the TD Award and the Silver Birch Award. Her third novel, Unravel, was also a finalist for the GG and is on CBC’s best YA books of the year 2021. Sharon teaches classes in writing fiction and memoir and works as a freelance editor. She is excited to help you perfect your writing.
CBM Course Creator & Instructor:
An award-winning, bestselling author who started with a simple mission to empower children, Miriam is the founder and CEO of Miriam Laundry Publishing. She organized an international event that set a Guinness World Record™ and empowered over 100,000 children. After writing five books, Miriam now focuses her efforts on coaching new authors about how to publish and launch their own books.
Featured Guest in CBM
Children’s Author Lana Button was born and raised in St. Stephen, New Brunswick. She has a background in acting and is an early childhood educator. Lana’s picture books have been shortlisted for awards including The Blue Spruce, The Shining Willow, the Jean Throop IODE Award and the Rainforest of Reading, and have been recognized as Canadian Children’s Book Centre’s Best Books and the IBBY Outstanding Book for Young Children. Lana has presented to thousands of children across Canada through school and festival presentations.
"How to Find the Time to Write" with
Do you struggle to find the time to write?
Bestselling and award-winning author, Lana Button is going LIVE to help you discover how anybody can find the time to write, even with a full schedule.
As the author of eight picture books — with her ninth book en route — Lana knows what it's like to be in your shoes.
With her help, you CAN take ownership of your schedule and discover your calling.
"Your Extra Revenue Stream as a Children’s Book Author" with
How do you make money as an author?
If you’re going to invest in self-publishing, you'll want to know that you can make your money back and then some.
Miriam is going LIVE to share the secret to her sales. You'll receive the full plan and the sample resources she used to achieve marketing success.
"Developing a Best-Selling Author Mindset" with
Jack, more than anyone, knows that whether you finish your goal or not has everything to do with your mindset. His BONUS session recording will teach you how to get your head in the game, and how to finish strong.
Jack Canfield, America’s Success Coach, certainly knows what it takes to successfully launch a book. He holds the Guinness World Record™ for having 7 books on the New York Times Best-Selling list at the same time.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee for 14 Days
We understand that by purchasing this course you are making a significant financial investment. We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your decision. To put your mind at ease, the Children’s Book Masterclass offers a 14-day money back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase for any reason whatsoever, simply contact us to process a return for a full refund of the course purchase price.
Hear what first-time authors have to say...
Co-Author, Bend Your Knees, Louise!
Miriam Laundry has a delightful way of engaging authors in the process of writing for children.
Co-Author, Bend Your Knees, Louise!
Miriam walks you through the process of writing a book in a non-intimidating way and is very thorough in explaining the proper steps to take to making your book a reality.
Author, The Bright Purple Monster
Miriam provided valuable and practical tips to enhance my writing. It helped me recognize how I can improve the quality of my writing and better target my stories for a young readership.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately we don’t know when the Masterclass will be offered again. Miriam has assembled an amazing team of experts in writing and publishing, but scheduling conflicts may prevent us from running the course LIVE in the future.
The Masterclass runs for 10 weeks. Every week contains a 90 minute LIVE training session.
Every LIVE training session is recorded for your convenience. You’ll be able to access the training when it's best for YOU.
Editing and reviewing of manuscripts are not included in the course, but we’ll happily recommend some reliable options so you can find what you need.
Once you purchase the course, it’s yours. If you need to take your time working through the material, that's all right. We've got you covered with lifetime access.
Yes! We are happy to work with our international friends. Because the training is online, anyone with an internet connection is able to participate.
Absolutely. The Children’s Book Masterclass comes with a 14-day full money-back guarantee. That gives you two weeks to review the material and get to know the instructors. We know that the course is packed with vital information for new authors, but if you’re not happy, you can absolutely get your money back.
Writing for children has changed my life.
I know exactly what it’s like to take that leap of faith. To go from desperately wanting to make a difference, to seeing my message impact hundreds of thousands of children.
Now, I find that helping a new author bring their story into the world is one of the most fulfilling parts of my life. I want to share that with you TODAY.
If you want to write for children, the best thing you can do is invest in yourself and see what your life would be like as a children’s book author.
I want you to experience the incredible feeling of holding your book in your hands for the first time, celebrating with your friends and family, and seeing a child choose YOUR book off the shelf.
That feeling is indescribable.
I could say that accepting the invitation to CBM will change your life, and it will, but the truth is that it's going to impact so many more lives than your own.
I’m looking forward to meeting you personally in the Children’s Book Masterclass.
Become a Children's Book Author
Learn how to write and launch your children’s book, even if you have no idea where to start
Become A Children's Book Author
Learn how to write and launch your children’s book, even if you have no idea where to start.
Get notified when enrollment opens!